Monday, June 15, 2009

Season comes to a close

It is upon us. The close of the baseball season. The regular season finished out with our game on Sunday, and we started tournament play tonight against Lafayette Auto Supply. Our boys are showing that they know how to play good defense. They are hanging with the other teams - even the good teams! We stayed with Lafayette Auto run for run until the bottom of the 4th inning - that is amazing!! And we did it last night with Knoy Apparel, too. We are not done yet - our second tournament game is next Monday. If we win, we move forward, if we lose, that will be our last game for the summer. I hope your boys have enjoyed the season. I certainly have enjoyed working with them and getting to know them. They are a great bunch of boys who have hung in there game after game with great attitudes and smiles on their faces (at least most of the time!).

To the players:

Dacota - you have become one amazing batter! Keep your eye one the ball and develop that swing - you've got great potential!

Ethan - you have the ability to play several positions - but you play them all better when you throw OVERHAND to make the plays! Keep smiling, and thanks for always calling me "Mrs. Kincaid".

Carson - keep hitting and keep RUNNING! Don't stop! You have had some tough calls, but keep your head up - you're a great player. Good job getting those balls in from the outfield.

Patrick - you have cranked out some AWESOME hits these past few games!! Yeah! Your smile lights up my day, so stay positive and have fun out there.

Tanner - you and Hayden have become unstoppable at 1st and 2nd base. You are doing a great job getting those outs for our team. I would nominate you for MVP!

Andy - to almost quote a famous movie about a clown fish . . . . "Just keep swinging, just keep swinging." You keep swinging that bat and eventually, you WILL make contact with that ball. Hang in there.

Noah - it's been a great season for you, bud. Your hitting has improved a lot and you make a great catcher, 3rd baseman, short stop, outfielder. It seems that any position we put you in that you do well!

Hunter - keep that shirt tucked in and keep hitting, man! Congratulations on the home runs and RBI's you've hit this year.

Karsten - it was great to see you hit that ball tonight. I KNEW you could do it! Keep hustling and keep practicing. Baseball is fun, isn't it?

Will - though I know you've taken a beating, you have made a great catcher this year. Keep working on your batting - you're definitely getting there. I've enjoyed your can-do attitude and your willingness to wear all that gear out in the hot sun!

Quinn - welcome back! We missed you while you were gone! I've seen a great attitude and great hustle out of you this summer! Those two things will take you far in baseball and in life. Great job!

Hayden - needless to say, you ARE my favorite player (sorry boys, I can't help it I'm biased). You've made amazing progress this year. Your skills have improved, but the best part for me has been your positive and encouraging attitude. I'm so proud of the changes I've seen in you!

We still have the end of season party planned for Sunday, June 28th at 1:30. Please see me if you have questions about that. I'm planning to send an email to respond for RSVP's.

Thanks to everyone for helping out with snacks, the dugout and everything else. It has been the most fun I've ever had in a ball season yet. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment